Dental Implants: What to Know
Dental implants are becoming more and more popular as a replacement option for missing teeth. While bridges and dentures remain an important choice in patient care, dental implants are almost always the preferred treatment in terms of health and lifestyle. In addition to crafting beautiful crowns, Dr. Ardekani also places precision dental implants in our office.
Why get dental implants?
Dental implants look, feel and function almost exactly like natural teeth. With dentures and bridges, people are unable to eat certain foods, and they often worry about social embarrassment due to slippage when talking or laughing. This can have very significant negative effects on self-esteem. By contrast, dental implants are permanent – they will not fall out and patients can eat, laugh and chew anything without restriction.
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
Almost any adult in good health is a great candidate for dental implants! If you have jawbone recession, which happens to those missing a tooth for several months or more, we may need to perform bone grafting to build up your bone prior to placing the dental implant. This is a routine procedure with very successful results.
What are the benefits of dental implants over other restoration methods?
- Better Aesthetics: Dental implants fit in seamlessly with your smile and are permanent.
- Longevity: Dental implants can last a lifetime when cared for properly, while bridges and dentures require regular replacement.
- Eat Anything: No restrictions on your diet with dental implants.
- Self-Esteem: Get your confidence back with a smile that won’t slip or embarrass you mid-sentence.
- Comfortable: You won’t even know that you have an implant once it has integrated with your bone.
- Better Health: When a tooth is lost, the jawbone begins to deteriorate almost immediately. Dental implants provide the needed stimulation to keep your jaw healthy for life.
Dental implants are a great investment in your self-esteem, your
lifestyle and your health. To find out more about dental implants and meet our friendly team, please call us today at Washington DC Office Phone Number 202-750-8718.
Tags: dental implants
Comments are closed.